City of Garland is seeking candidates for a position of Animal Services Officer I on Full Time basis located at Garland, TX. Do not forget to review the job posting carefully before apply online.
|Job Title:||Animal Services Officer I||Company Name:||City of Garland||Job Location:||Garland, TX||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Government Administration||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstri.xyz|
About the job
Responsible for the protection of the public from zoonotic diseases and animal bites, as well as investigate nuisances caused by animals. Responsible for enforcing animal related city ordinances and state laws throughout the community and providing care for animals and assistance to customers at the animal shelter. The incumbent will be required to work nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
Target Hiring Range: $17.03/hr – $21.80/hr
Essential Job Functions
- Inspect and issue permits to animal care facilities and stores, enforce animal related city ordinances and state laws regarding rabies control and animal cruelty.
- Respond to citizen requests concerning stray animals, nuisances or other animal issues.
- Apprehend stray animals and impounding lost and injured animal.
- Investigation and inspection of animal nuisances including bites and animal cruelty and issue citations and notices to owners for the mistreatment of animals.
- Enforce animal related city ordinances and state laws regarding rabies control, animal registration, animal cruelty and animal care inclusive of inspection of various facilities.
- Assist in the daily care of impounded animals, including feeding, cleaning, and providing hygienic conditions.
- Assist Veterinarian with animal evaluations, treatment and preparation.
- Perform procedures such as drawing blood and administering animal injections, which includes humane euthanasia and performing basic health tests.
- Assist citizens in recovery or adoption of animals in shelter.
- Preparation of reports and other pertinent documentation.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
Must be able to work nights and weekends on a rotating basis
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Must have a current Animal Control Officer Basic certification and 1 year of work experience
Must have Department of State Health Services Basic Euthanasia Certification
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Knowledge – Abilities & Skills
- 1 year in service related work
- 3 years of Active Duty military
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word)
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load
- Ability to work under moderate stress
- Basic understanding of animal welfare
- Basic writing ability/skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas driver’s license
Basic Animal Services Officer Certification
Department of State Health Services Basic Euthanasia Certification
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in an outdoor environment responding to calls for service in the field; this will require working nights and weekend on a rotating basis. Frequent exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Minimal shelter work required. Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. Frequent interaction with dangerous animals.
Models Organizational Values
Customer Service/Interpersonal Skills/Communication/Problem Solving
Productivity/Quality/Technical Skills/Work Environment Safety
Teamwork/Managing Conflict/Negotiation Skills