City of Garland is seeking candidates for a position of Temp Pool – on Full Time basis located at Garland, TX. Do not forget to review the job posting carefully before apply online.
|Job Title:||Temp Pool –||Company Name:||City of Garland||Job Location:||Garland, TX||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Government Administration||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstri.xyz|
About the job
In an effort to aid City Departments in their mission to deliver effective and efficient services to citizens and maintain timely, responsive operations, a temporary staffing pool is maintained to meet these needs. Applicants will be hired to work temporary assignments as noted in the description below.
This position is posted quarterly to ensure the City has access to current interested candidates. Applicants will be notified to re-apply to each quarter’s posting to indicate your continued interest and availability. Job assignment duration may extend beyond the quarter.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform work on specified projects as required
- May operate/train on specialized pieces of equipment
- May inspect and maintain assigned equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
High School Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma (GED);
or equivalent combination of experience and education
Preferred Knowledge – Abilities & Skills
- Knowledge of safety practices and hazards standard to work area
- Ability to understand and implement verbal and written instructions
- Ability to perform physical labor
- Ability to comprehend written and oral work assignments and perform work as assigned
Licenses & Certifications
Valid State of Texas Class C driver’s license.
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in both indoor and outdoor environments; possible exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards.