City of Houston, TX is seeking candidates for a position of Senior Compensation Analyst on Full Time basis located at Texas. Do not forget to review the job posting carefully before apply online.
|Job Title:||Senior Compensation Analyst||Company Name:||City of Houston, TX||Job Location:||Texas||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Houston||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstri.xyz|
Applications accepted from: All Persons Interested
Job Classification: Senior Compensation Analyst
Reporting Location: 611 Walker St.
Workdays & Hours: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM* *Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The City of Houston seeks a Senior Compensation Analyst with the ability to utilize knowledge of job analysis and job evaluation coupled with knowledge of organization structure to audit and classify staff positions at all levels. This position performs professional compensation analysis and project work to provide advanced compensation management services to City of Houston HR Generalists and department management.
- Research and analyze compensation data to determine and validate market competitive pay rate by preparing analytics, data modeling and costing analysis.
- Recommends and provides supporting documentation for classification changes and pay adjustments in support of program enhancements by job analysis. Explains conclusions and makes presentations to HR Management and Department Managers.
- Participates in and analyzes salary and industry surveys to determine relevant competitive pay rates.
- Conducts job audits and applies data on pay levels and working titles for newly proposed positions.
- Evaluates existing positions to ensure appropriate classification and grading of City of Houston jobs.
- Develops prepares, edits and revises policy and procedures for department incentive plans. Prepares department incentive plans for review and approval by COH executive management.
- Participates in compensation project planning.
- Analyzes and reviews management practices and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement. Conducts various compensation analysis projects as assigned.
- Evaluates workflow, processes, various operations systems, etc. to advise management about job design, classification issues.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field.
Five years of progressively responsible compensation analysis and project management experience.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION / SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION NO
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
PAY GRADE: 26
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov. To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call (832)395-2141
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832)395-2141 (TTY 7-1-1).
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information.
EOE Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Retirement pension
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 days of vacation each year
- 10 city holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Flexible schedules
- Professional development opportunities
- Transportation/parking plan
- Section 125 pretax deductions
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
For plan details, visit http://www.houstontx.gov/hr/benefits.html