City of Houston, TX is seeking candidates for a position of Senior It Project Manager on Full Time basis located at Texas. Do not forget to review the job posting carefully before apply online.
|Job Title:||Senior It Project Manager||Company Name:||City of Houston, TX||Job Location:||Texas||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||City of Houston||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstri.xyz|
Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Job Classification: SENIOR IT PROJECT MANAGER – PMO – INFRASTRUCTURE
Posting Number: 28646
Division: Project Management Office
Reporting Location: Houston, TX
Workdays & Hours: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM* *Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The City of Houston’s Information Technology Services Department has a vacancy for an advanced-level Sr. IT Project Manager, capable of managing the largest, most mission-critical enterprise technology projects.
The Senior Project Manager will assume primary responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating, and delivering healthcare project activities throughout the entire project life cycle (from initiation through handoff to the client). The Senior Project Manager will project manage and drive infrastructure projects and work with cross-functional teams to ensure integration and alignment with technical teams and the business.
The Sr. IT Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Updating project management systems, tasks, and reporting under the ServiceNow platform.
- Maintaining customer expectations by delivering IT projects within the agreed upon scope, schedule, budget, and expected quality.
- Defines project scope, objectives, and cost estimates in project lifecycle and definition documents.
- Develops detailed project execution plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis of risks and issues.
- Communicates and meets with stakeholders and vendors to ensure awareness of project status, risks, and issues.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to more junior PMO team members.
- Oversees, inspects, and guides PMO team members in project activities.
- Recommends and takes action to manage the analysis and solutions of problems. Controls expenditures by gathering and submitting budget information; scheduling expenditures; monitoring variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Possesses exceptional communications skills, both verbal and in written artifacts.
- Ensures knowledge transfer with stakeholders during project and at closeout.
- Contributes to division, department, and City goals by performing related responsibilities as needed.
- Adopts and applies industry project management best practices (i.e., the Project Management Body of Knowledge – PMBOK)
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing system change management; configuration management; PMO performance analysis and governance processes; technical standards; methodology, tools, and templates; and project management information systems.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Technology Project Management, Management and Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science or a closely related field. Greater than ten (10) years of directly applicable experience may be considered for substitution of degree requirement. May require extensive knowledge on specific technologies or business functions.
At least ten (10) years of technology experience demonstrating formal IT project management competencies. PMI PMP certification may be substituted for up to two (2) years of professional experience.
Preference will be given to applicants possessing:
- Current, valid PMI or equivalent project management certification
- Current, valid IIBA or equivalent business analysis certification
- Healthcare experience
- Public sector experience
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION / SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION NO
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
PAY GRADE: 30
GRANT FUND POSITION
Grants & Special Funded positions are dependent upon continued available funds. If funding is no longer available, employees may be laid off or transferred. Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call (832/393-8511).
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832/393-8511). (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Retirement pension
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 days of vacation each year
- 10 city holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Flexible schedules
- Professional development opportunities
- Transportation/parking plan
- Section 125 pretax deductions
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
For plan details, visit http://www.houstontx.gov/hr/benefits.html