Texas Health and Human Services is seeking candidates for a position of Accountant II on Full Time basis located at Austin, Texas Metropolitan Area. Do not forget to review the job posting carefully before apply online.
|Job Title:||Accountant II||Company Name:||Texas Health and Human Services||Job Location:||Austin, Texas Metropolitan Area||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Government Administration||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstri.xyz|
About the job
Performs accounting tasks and serves as an Accountant II for the Expenditure
Management Travel team. Processes travel and other types of payments.
Provides customer service to internal and external customers. Work involves
researching, resolving discrepancies, and making sure that all required
documentation is attached to the payment.
This position may be eligible for a hybrid remote telework schedule after minimal
requirements are met.
Essential Job Functions
Reviews/audits, reconciles, and processes agency records and payments. Audits incoming travel claims, statements, invoices, advances, and settlements for accuracy. (40%)
Works with Team Lead and Manager to provide excellent customer service while confirming that all documentation has been received. Coordinate with travelers and others to policies are met. Answers questions, research problems and follows up as necessary. Works within defined systems to process payments. (40%)
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned. Interprets, researches, and serves as subject matter experts to internal and external customers for travel and other payments. (20%)
Knowledge Skills Abilities
- Basic knowledge of accounting, either through education or experience.
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems.
- Ability to review/audit transactions.
- Ability to interpret and apply processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate, oral and in writing.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
Registration Or Licensure Requirements
Initial Selection Criteria
- Experience in basic accounting functions through education or other positions.
- Experience with using automated accounting systems.
- Experience in auditing/reviewing transactions.
- Experience with interpreting and applying processes.
- Excellent written communication skills including the use of proper grammar and capitalization.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office applications.
36B, LS, SK, 3432, 6F0X1
Top 10 Tips for Success when Applying to Jobs at HHSC and DSHS
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form – Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.