Texas Workforce Commission is seeking candidates for a position of Veterans Services Representative on Full Time basis located at San Antonio, TX. Do not forget to review the job posting carefully before apply online.
|Job Title:||Veterans Services Representative||Company Name:||Texas Workforce Commission||Job Location:||San Antonio, TX||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Government Administration||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstri.xyz|
About the job
Who We Are
Texas Workforce Commission connects people with careers across the state. While we are based in the Workforce Solutions Office Alamo located at 6723 S. Flores St., Suite 100, San Antonio, Texas, we have offices statewide and many of our positions are suitable for teleworking. We’re a Family Friendly Certified Workplace with great work-life balance, competitive salaries, extensive opportunities for training and development, and fantastic benefits.
Who You Are
A dynamic individual who has the passion and drive to assist veterans with employment services, in obtaining federal and state veterans benefits, health care and resources to resolve veterans issues and challenges. The candidate is a self-starter who will network to build long lasting relationships with employers, veteran service organizations and other community-based organizations. You are a self-starting, motivated, collaborative problem solver who uses their own initiative to accomplish the mission at hand.
What You Will Do
The Veterans Services Representative IV performs complex (journey-level) veterans assistance work. Work involves counseling and assisting veterans and their dependents or beneficiaries regarding benefits, employment services, and other programs and resources. May provide guidance to others. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
You Will Be Trusted To
- Provide highly interactive peer-to-peer outreach and case management to returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan (including their dependents), Transitioning Service Members, and veterans that need assistance as they transition into civilian life. Develops a goal oriented and customized service plan with the clients.
- Establishe a network of employers and supporting agencies such as local workforce center staff, business service units, employment service staff, Veteran County Service Officers, Veterans Administration, faith-based organizations, and community leaders to aid in assisting OIF/OEF/OND/OFS/OIR/CJTFHOA veterans, Transitioning Service Members, and other veterans with employment and supportive services.
- Provide quality and timely referrals to OIF/OEF/OND/OFS/OIR/CJTFHOA veterans, Transiting Service Members and other veterans to community resources including employers, governmental agencies, Texas Institutions of Higher Education, community, faith based and veterans service organizations.
- Maintain the TVLP database, Outlook calendar, and other daily, weekly, and monthly reports in accordance with confidentiality and security policies. Submit monthly travel reports and requests for reimbursement by deadline. Maintain personal CAPPS entries in a timely manner as directed.
- Comply with rules, regulations, and Texas Workforce Commission policies. Delivers positive results for all other programs, special veteran specific initiatives and projects assigned by the TVLP program director throughout the program year. Enter Work Opportunity Tax Credit conditional certifications regularly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You Qualify With
- Three years of full-time experience in the military or providing services to veterans.
- Thirty semester hours of accredited college work in social work, business administration, human resources, or a related field may be substituted for each year of experience.
- Incumbent must be a veteran who served on active duty for a period of more than 180 days and was discharged or released with other than a dishonorable discharge; OR a veteran who was discharged or released from active duty because of a serviceconnected disability; OR an eligible person as defined by Title 38 of the United States Code.
Duty requires up to 25% travel (within the state of Texas) and the ability to lift 30 pounds
You Are a Great Fit With
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple, shifting priorities.
- 1.5 to 2.5 years’ experience in networking and working with employers in hiring veterans.
- 1.5 to 2.5 years directly working with and assisting veterans and transitioning service members
- 1.5 to 2.5 years working knowledge of laws rules and regulations applicable to assessment techniques; of military occupations and transferable skills to civilian employment; and of veterans benefit programs.
- Proficient in use of personal computer and software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Work, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint.
- A Family Friendly Certified Workplace.
- Competitive starting salary: $3,982.19 – $4,203.14/month
- Defined Retirement Benefit Plan
- Optional 401(k) and 457 accounts
- Medical Insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- Additional benefits for active employees can be found at https://www.ers.texas.gov/Active-Employees/Health-Benefits.
Use your military skills to qualify for this position or other jobs! Go to www.texasskillstowork.com to translate your military work experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications, and skill sets. Also, you can compare this position to military occupations (MOS) at the Texas State Auditor’s Office by pasting this link into your browser: https://hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_SocialServices.pdf
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered, please complete a State of Texas Application for Employment, and apply online at www.workintexas.com or in Taleo.
TWC is not considering applications from persons who require sponsorship for an employment visa.
A position utilizing this classification will be designated as security sensitive according to the Texas Labor Code, Section 301.042.
United States-Texas-San Antonio
San Antonio:6723 S Flores St (320-4024)
TEXAS WORKFORCE COMMISSION
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Sep 22, 2022, 12:00:00 AM
Work From Home